Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 15, 2009, 4:30 PM   #1

I shot for a while this morning in the yard and was pleased to note a couple of Eastern visitors I hadn't seen for a while...a Bluebird and a Phoebe

I decided to check out the back yard and noticed that my Labrador was running up the power line cut. I quickly spotted why...two deer. They weren't bothered by the dog, but my walking into the back with that long lens drew immediate attention, followed quickly by a retreat into the woods.

I had seen a Red Shouldered Hawk at a distance crossing behind a line of trees. I was ready to shoot him when he cleared the tree line, but I hadn't expected him to change course and come directly over me. He was nearly past me before I could get good lock and framing

This afternoon, my wife wanted to go to the botanical gardens, so I went for the second day in a row. I found an American Robin getting a drink and a Northern Cardinal that gave the nicest set of poses I've had from a bird in a while.

All shots taken with K20d and the Bigma. Cardinal was a nearly full-frame shot with no processing except resizing for the forum.

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2009, 5:22 PM   #2

You had a great day of shooting Paul!
love the Red Shoulder!
they are all great.
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2009, 7:54 PM   #3

Very good Paul. Wonderful day it must have been!

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote