Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 8, 2009, 1:11 PM   #1

Hi All,

It's been dark and stormy here the past few days, so I haven't been doing any shooting, just processing some of the pics from earlier in the week.

It's still early in the season, and pickings are a bit thin, so when I'm out, I keep an eye out for everything that might possibly yield a shot. . . I passed by this tree where a knot had been hollowed out by a Red Bellied Woodpecker a couple of years back, hoping to see if there was any change in resident, but it seemed to be uninhabited. . .

Then, the other day, I looked at the hole from quite a distance, and couldn't find it -- I looked around, and knew that I had the right tree, so I walked closer. . . and got this guy sleeping it off after raiding one of the bird feeders.

Attached Images
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2009, 3:40 PM   #2

Ahhh - looks like a snug home for the cute little fellow. Isn't it nice how the bird built his house for him/her?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 5:40 PM   #3
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Nice one Scott. He is well camouflaged...I initially thought the photo was of the gnarled tree bark until I read your text and realized there was a critter in it it!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2009, 6:37 PM   #4

That's a great Pic but, do you realize how much money that tree would bring in the wood turning market! :shock:
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote