Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 26, 2009, 1:07 AM   #11

Thank you all for the complements.

I agree with you Kjell and Ira - we've all grown a lot in the past couple of years. I've learned so much about photography here, and yet it seems like I've only scratched the surface of what's possible. Each time I master something, I find myself learning something new.

Biro - the first and third were taken at the same place - probably all of a half mile (at the most) from where the second picture was taken. It got converted to b&w because photomatix over-emphasized the yellow and made the colors strange. I couldn't figure out how to get it to look natural so just converted it to b&w. It's actually an artificial stream going through a botanical garden in the middle of West LA. It's a lovely place to escape to at lunch, when the constant concrete begins to get to me.

Patty - I can understand why you might not like the third one - I'm not so sure of it myself. That's why I posted it - I was wondering what others would think of it. There's things that I do like about it and I'll probably go by and try some different focal lengths to see if I can simplify the picture.

Rodney - glad to hear that your area has escaped the worst of things - those fires sounded horrible.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2009, 1:24 AM   #12

Harriet,The last one seems to contrasty as opposed to too much blank space, at least for me. The night scene is incredible. The colors, the exposure. Great stuff.

Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote