Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 4, 2009, 3:43 PM   #11

i use my Playstation3 to view my pictures on the tv

just set your pc to run as a media server with media player or another program (i use a tversity its free and very good) share your pictures folder and then watch slideshows on the PS3 in glorious 1080p

and i agree, they look amazing on a HDTV
kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 7:53 PM   #12

Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Ok. I think you were doing something different than what I was thinking about. There's a way to do a slide show in-camera, and the way I thought it would work is that you just hook the camera up to the video in on the TV, then the camera would work like a DVD or VCR - controlling everything. But maybe it doesn't work that way.
Well I came home last night from getting off the plane, and I did try hooking the camera - K20 up to the new TV via the video cable, thus using the camera to generate the images. The results were terrible!! The camera generated the lowest common demoniator or 480p on a 1080p screen. I down loaded them to the PC and them pushed a few on to a thumb drive and plugged that in to the TV and I was back to the HD images I was expecting. So it appears that the camera only generates standard video out, and not HD - or at least the K20.....
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 9:17 PM   #13

Sounds like a reason to buy the K-7, which offers HDMI output? I've never actually tried this - I should one of these days.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2009, 2:29 PM   #14

I still live in the stone age so I'll have to wait for the experience.

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote