Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 3, 2009, 11:51 AM   #1

Hey guys, just a quick head's up. As many of you already know, Ritz Camera is in Chapter 11 bankruptcy - which means their intention is to remain in business after reorganization. But they are closing about half of their brick-and-mortar stores across the U.S. Their clearance sale began at the beginning of April and is already winding down. Many of the stores slated for closure are already gone - but many aren't.

Okay, so what does this mean for you? A friend of mine in the Washington DC area picked up a K20D body for $500 - and a leftover Olympus E-410 kit with 14-42mm lens for $240 - today. It seems it's hit and miss, and while all Ritz stores have a clearance sale - the really good prices at at those stores slated for closure. But I have provided a link to a list of those stores below. Call ahead to see if they're still open and if they have what you want:

Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2009, 4:08 PM   #2

I was out picking up some painting supplies and happened to stop at a nearby Ritz that had the going out of business signs out. They had a few Pentax items - lenses 30% off, some k200 battery grips, a bunch of wireless remotes for 20% off ($12), but no real smoking deals. Now the markdown was from MSRP, and the prices were not really that good. They had a DA 18-250 for $445 (30% off).
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2009, 4:19 PM   #3

Thanks, interested observer. You confirmed my assumption. That is the one an hour or so north of me had the 18-250 (preferably Tamron model) it wouldn't be a great deal. I will not try to wiggle time in to go check them out before I leave Tuesday a.m. for CA. Although, maybe the hubby or sonwho's staying home could double check for me.

Buying these airline tickets is putting a crimp in whether I'll be able to get the lens before the original planned trip.:sad: But, family's more important to me.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2009, 7:23 PM   #4

Hi Biro,

Already took advantage -- with a $245 USD K100DS :-):-):-)!

A $500 K20 would be nice, but I'd rather have the super cheap lower end model for a backup/knockaround and continue to save up for a K7 if it turns out to be the revolutionary model that the Pentax brass seems to be hinting at.

The K100DS is replacing the P&S that I'd been thinking about getting. . . guess I'll have to settle for GREAT IQ over pocketability. . .:?

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote