Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 2, 2009, 2:07 PM   #11

Great series Mole!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:10 PM   #12

Another wonderful series! Of course, I love your hiking buddies - they look so happy and satisfied. But the butterflies are my favorite.

I was going to ask if you had a ND filter - I'm seriously thinking of buying a new one (need a bigger thread) for a trip this fall. I can see how much help they would be for waterfalls (and I may be seeing one or two, I hope).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:37 PM   #13

All these shots are good, I really like the landscapes and love your buddies.

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2009, 1:34 PM   #14

Thanks for all the kind comments! Any day in the TN Mountains is a great day!

Ronny - yes it is lovely, even if poisonous. Not a good shrub for the garden, especially if there are any children around.

Lou - Thanks - I do love my state! I usually just use one lens - the Tamron 18-250. It's easier for me when "out in the field" to not have to lug a lot of lenses or make lots of changes. Besides, I don't own many others!

Roy - thanks for the suggestion. I do have an ND filter from my old Powershot, but it's a 52mm, and the Tamron uses a 62mm. I also have a 62mm circular polarizer that helps a lot, but the waterfall just had too much sun on it (especially at the base) for a decent photo. Luckily it's close to home and I can visit again on a fine wet dreary day!

GW, Harriet & Rodney - thanks for the encouragement. Harriet - I had found the ND very helpful with the powershot, but since the K-m allows much smaller F-stop and greater shutter control, the polarizer has been sufficient for me.

Well - back to the trail with more park visitors!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2009, 12:23 PM   #15

hahahaha lizzie and petey look so happy!!! i want to be there!!!!!!!!
also, the second view picture, the one with the tree. that is my favorite! the other one looks more classic landscape, but the second one looks more dynamic.
and the moss one.... you told me you needed a special lens to get closeups with a dslr.... hum. are you just trying to make me save my money? because that looks like a great closeup to me....
Vole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2009, 4:49 PM   #16

Hey Vole - they want you to be here too!
Thanks for the input on the landscapes - it's a big help.
The moss was taken with a Tamron 18-250 that has some macro capabilities - not 1:1, but about 1:4. It cost over $300 used at KEH. They have some used true macro lenses for about $400-500.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote