Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 24, 2009, 7:00 AM   #11

Thanks for all the kind and appreciative comments!

Interested_ - Glad you liked the 'Susans - they sure are amazing flowers (wonder which Susan they were named for?) - and fun to play with the DOF. Glad you like my little "hiking notes along the way." If you're ever up this way, come take a real hike with us!

GW - that was one cooperative Box Turtle - they usually retract at a moment's notice, but she let me get the macro lens right up in her face! Did you notice the clover leaflet stuck to her face - wonder what she had for breakfast...

Dr. Penolta - thanks for the id. I was sure it was some kind of Cerambycid, but had neither time nor good guide to key it out. Was it E O Wilson who said - "The Lord sure must love beetles, because He made so many of them!" Have noticed a number of this species here lately, mostly on elderberry, pasture rose and daisy flowers.

Harriet - those young Sassafrass leaves sure to hold raindrops well! Glad you liked it!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote