Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 27, 2009, 12:19 AM   #1
Default LBA strikes: DA* 50-135 (again)

I purchased my second DA* 50-135. Before you jump to conclusions, I returned the first DA* 50-135 after a few days due to exceeding my budget. I felt that my range of glass wasn't far enough; the Tamron 90mm was the longest lens I had. Rather than get the hefty Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 APO DG EX HSM, I decided to go for the lighter DA* 50-135. It's not as telephoto as the 70-200, but it gives me a nice range to compliment my current gear.

The lens works great on my K-7. Focus calibrations resulted in a -4 AF adjustment. With the lens calibrated, I took the lens out for its first trip, Stanford University. I can understand why so many photographers like photographing wedding portraits there...

I'm convinced I have a good copy.

- Jason
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:42 AM   #2

Looks good to me. Yes, it is a photographic place.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2009, 9:44 AM   #3

Very nice photo, and it does look like you have a good copy. I really love mine and use it often, you'll find it's amazing for a zoom lens.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2009, 12:26 PM   #4

Very nice Jason!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2009, 12:37 PM   #5

Hi Jason,

I think that you won't regret having this lens. This, along with my Tamron 28-75/2.8 is my kit for shooting events. I find the FL range to be perfect for candids with the APS-C sensor. With the K7's increased low light focusing capabilities, I might try it with the Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5 which didn't focus acceptably in lower light situations at the long end, but will probably work fine with the K7.

It's a lens that I just can't leave at home, especially if I anticipate shooting people at all. Congrats on an excellent choice!!!

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote