Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 2, 2009, 6:24 PM   #11

Wonderful as usual. We've had the same of unusually wet summer. Seems like if it doesn't rain each day something's wrong. Getting ready to get a thunderstorm right now. So, will be getting offline shortly.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2009, 6:30 PM   #12

Another wonderful series Mole.

As far as suggestions, it would be hard to give a constructive comment unless one experienced the exact same locale and conditions. So why don't you invite some of us down - uh - when things dry up a little.

a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2009, 7:25 PM   #13

Wondeful photographs. Your images always make me regret that when I travelled through Tennessee on a trip to North carolina I didn't get to the Cherokee National Forest. The "scenery" going through Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg doesn't compare to that in your posts.

bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2009, 5:19 AM   #14

Very nice series.

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2009, 6:36 AM   #15

More great pictures and another educational experience.

The black bear print is very nice to see. Do you see bears often in your hikes, or are you constantly making noise to keep them away?

I will have to be on the lookout for Arrowhead in our wetland areas.

You seem to be getting good use from your newly acquired macro lens. I like the fern shot a lot!

Thanks for the lovely series!

Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2009, 5:29 PM   #16

Thanks so much for all the kind and encouraging comments. It's easy to take pretty pictures in such a beautiful part of His creation!

InterestedObserver - I was definitely not trying to complain about all the rain - sure wish we could share some with you! Your desert landscapes have their own beauty, but I'll keep our green ones!

Patty - yes, it's been a record rainfall summer in much of the east - nice change from the past few years...

Jim - Come visit East Tennessee anytime! We have lots of great State Parks to stay in!!

Bluenose - just to set the record straight, most of the photos in this set were taken in State Parks, although I do visit the National Forest a lot too. I certainly agree about the towns near the Smokies - would much rather be in the National Park than in town. You'll just have to come back someday soon!

Rodney - thanks!

Lou - glad you liked them. Yes, that macro lens is real handy, although it takes more work to get things right. As far as bears, I rarely see them, but do see signs (droppings, tracks, etc). Black bears tend to be rather shy in most cases. Speaking of bears, have you heard the joke about bear bells & whistles?
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2009, 11:30 PM   #17

these are a fascinating series
the bear footprint is a bit of a worry
and the view over the mountains wow

i was up at Blackwater falls (Virginia i think) last April
it was way different to here, with a huge amount of water going over it

oddly enough we are having a less wetter than normal winter here
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2009, 2:49 PM   #18

I wish our bears were a little more shy, and stayed further away from roads. My poor Honda Fit came out on the losing end of a too-close encounter with one. A Highway Patrol person went back along the road looking for it, but it must not have been killed.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2009, 7:12 PM   #19

Gumnut - glad you liked the view - it's far more awesome in reality than any of my photos can illustrate. Have never been to Blackwater Falls, but we are indeed blessed with MANY waterfalls in our region. Bears are not much of a worry to me - any less than pleasant human/bear interaction in our area is almost always the human's fault!

Harriet - was it a Black Bear or a Grizzly? We only have the black bears here. Glad you are OK - cars are far more replaceable than people!!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2009, 10:07 PM   #20

i wish we had the last imagine around here
Passion is in all great searches and is necessary to all creative endeavors. - W. Eugene Smith
robar is offline   Reply With Quote