Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 22, 2009, 5:37 PM   #21

Thanks so much - glad you liked the "almost autumn" walk!

Penolta - not sure how I got that look, but sure do like the results. She was a very cooperative wasp, or perhaps too full of pollen to take off!

Lou - You are correct on both ID's (as far as I can tell) - great work on the odonates! By the way, you can tell that it was a male Eastern Box Turtle, because the females have dull brown eyes, only the males have red eyes.

GW - thanks! I am about to put one in the close-ups forum section. Also, just got back from a great nearby hike, and should have more to post here in a day or two...

Harriet - hang in there, fall is sure to come!

Cameannee - It sure is an amazing corner of His creation! But I'm sure there are some equally amazing places near you too.

Rodney - thanks!

Bahadir - Autumn rarely feels gloomy to me - it is indeed the season of death & decay (a natural part of the cycle), but also the ripe season... Thanks for the kind and specific comments.

BB - thanks for looking!

Patty - we too have some red leaves - especially the Blackgum trees. My lovely wife convinced me about 15-20 years ago to start keeping a list of various natural phenomona (when each species of flower comes into bloom, when each variety of tree leaf ripens, etc.), and it's been a great help to me - both for watching long-term trends, and for knowing when and were to go to search for a certain flower, or frog, or bug, or...

Paul - thanks! He was an easy subject, didn't move a bit as long as I stayed lying down on the ground!

Gumnut - thanks so much - yes it is a lovely area. Let us know as you spot some of those great Spring signs!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote