Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 27, 2009, 6:40 AM   #11

All lovely as usual. I like the rock and fern, second mushroom and, of course, all the waterfalls. So many beautiful places down where you are.

p.s. I had noticed the creature in #7. At first I thought it was the part of the flower off colored, but then realized it was a bug.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2009, 7:01 AM   #12

The water falls are lovely and beautifully taken as all your photos are! I have never seen a caterpillar like that Spinney Oak Slugmoth before.

Nice shots Mole!

Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2009, 2:59 PM   #13

Great photos once again Mole!
Love the caterpillar.
Attached Images

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2009, 4:04 PM   #14

I really wish you would quit posting all of these great and appealing photos - I can just feel the cool moisture in those lush green valleys - they are almost painful to look at when all we have around here right now in this drought is searing heat and brown landscapes (unless the hillsides are red with flames as some of them are now, burning up along with some of what little green we have left)! However, thanks to you, it is comforting to know there is some greenery left somewhere for people and others of nature's creatures to inhabit and enjoy!
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2009, 5:12 PM   #15

What Penolta says.

Temp is 109 here today and very brown.

Your photos are a treat, that's for sure.
cameanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2009, 5:20 PM   #16

Like others have said, great images. Does the Tennessee Department of Tourism know about you? Your photographs certainly make me want to visit (again).

bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2009, 7:14 AM   #17

Well its going to be over 115 today, baking the dirt, drying out the tumbleweeds, even the cactus is wilted and drooping. I am ready for the heat to be over - already. The brief respite that Mole provides is wonderful, and the images are outstanding. What ties the package all together - is the running narrative that he so graciously provides.

Thanks - I feel cooler already!
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2009, 4:21 PM   #18

Glad you liked the "cool shower" of pictures! We had a high today of about 80 F, and light showers on and off all day...

Patty - yes, we are blessed with great outdoor places here! I think (perhaps Penolta can correct me) that the little caterpillar in the Sabatia flower is actually eating the pollen - unlike most caterpillars that eat leaves or flower petals, etc.

Lou - there are some very strange caterpillars in the slugmoth family. Our most common one is called the saddleback worm (have some good photos of them, but not Pentax...). They have a very potent sting!!

GW - thanks!

Penolta - If it will make you feel any better, one of my dogs dug into a yellowjacket nest when we were hiking at Little Stony. She got about 2 dozen stings, and I got about a dozen! So we were "hot" for a while, anyway. Sure do hope and pray things cool down and get wetter where you are soon!

Cameanee - glad you like them, and sure do hope your weather breaks soon!

Bluenose - actually I do work for the State (Conservation dept., not Tourism). Thanks for your kind words, and hope to see you here one of these days soon!

Interested_Observer - thanks for your kind words about my few words. Glad you enjoy the "tour guide talk," as well as the photos. Sure do hope your weather cools and dampens soon!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2009, 5:41 AM   #19

Hey Mole, just stopped by to look at your waterfall pictures, after you were kind enough to critique mine. I must say they look absolutely stunning !

Those photos of the running water was what I tried to aim for with my humble tries... I assume since the picture is so crisp and sharp that you used a tripod ?

Best regards from Norway and Henrik
HenrikH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2009, 11:28 AM   #20

As always Mole, these are just stunning. I love how you show large scale landscapes, and also show us macro shots of tiny items of interest.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote