Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 29, 2009, 11:57 AM   #21

Penolta - If it will make you feel any better, one of my dogs dug into a yellowjacket nest when we were hiking at Little Stony. She got about 2 dozen stings, and I got about a dozen! So we were "hot" for a while
Why would that make me feel any better? The more lush your surroundings, the more lurking hazards there can be. I hope you use insect repellant and carry a supply of antihistamines with you for such incidents. So far I have been sensitized by repeated exposure earlier in my life to salt-marsh mosquitos, imported fire ants, and ticks. Multiple stings from wasps and bees can do it too, so best to be prepared. If allergic reactions develop and get out of hand they can be life-threatening.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2009, 5:05 PM   #22

All I can say is that sure looks cool and comfortable. I've just spent 2 days wandering where there are no trees, and one day in a warmer, lower area that had lots of various pine trees. Part of the area I was hiking through had been burned in 1992 and has no shade - so also hot. Your pictures are awesome!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2009, 11:02 PM   #23

All very nice, the waterfalls are beautiful.

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 5:11 AM   #24

Henrik - Glad you like them. Yours are quite nice, and will get better with more practice too (I take MANY photos to get a few good ones...). Yes, I do have a small tripod that fits easily in my knapsack - great for taking out on long trails. Will look forward to seeing more of your work posted!

MtMan - thanks! It is fun to look at the range of perspectives - glad you enjoy them.

Penolta - just a little attempt at humor on my part. (sorry that it was not too funny...) Thanks for the medical warning - I am a bit sensitive to stings, and do try to remember to carry along some meds.

Harriet - Sounds like some fascinating places, with many photographic challenges. Will look forward to seeing the results!

Rodney - thanks! Usually our waterfalls are down to trickles by this time of year, but it's been a wetter than usual summer.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote