Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 3, 2009, 10:40 PM   #11

Wonderful series, you realy like blue hats and now blue guitars.
I must say that Margarita makes me thirsty. All the shots are very good and are so colourful.

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2009, 3:32 AM   #12

Originally Posted by cameanee View Post
GW: Guess I've been hesitant to share my pics because technically they don't measure up. But what better way to learn.
I must disagree, technically they are good and it show's things in a light I might not even think off.

So they are more than worth to being posted.

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2009, 5:28 AM   #13

Yes indeed - excellent series with great composition, vibrant colors, and unique perspectives. Thanks for sharing!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2009, 8:30 AM   #14

mtnman: L.A. is more than an hour away, but you're right, alot to offer. We make it a point to visit as much as possible. This time I took my camera.

lou, pboerger & mtngal: It was a fun spot to take pictures. We took the Metrolink in, so we didn't get to go anywhere else though.

Rodney: I was on a mission for a photo for the August Challenge deadline. That's why even the bokeh shot was blue. Nothing like waiting til the last minute.

Thanks everyone.
cameanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2009, 9:48 PM   #15

Gina, these are fantastic! I'm glad you quit holding back. I can certainly see that you had "blue" on the mind when there. Sometimes I'll be looking at older photos I've taken and wondered why I shot certain things, only to remember that was the month for "such and such".

I can't decide which I like best. There are so many good one. Keep them coming. The margarita may be a little oof, but it's appropriate for the probable state you were in. That's how the glasses looked to you.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2009, 6:23 PM   #16

Wow, really nice series. I like the first shot alot, it would be a great textbook example of using color and composition. In fact, you have a great eye for composition, something I find very challenging (why I stick mostly with insects).

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote