Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 5, 2009, 4:46 PM   #11

Harriet, Something way in the back of my mind says yeah, I remember seeing this before but, it was many many long years ago... thanks for the memories.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2009, 6:04 PM   #12

I think both your waterfall shots looked great Harriet and the chipmunk is about as sharp as possible. Those basalt columns are something, almost look like vertical cords of wood.

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2009, 6:17 PM   #13

Harriet - some awesome shots of amazing places - thanks so much for the tour. Your skills with HDR are impressive! The chipmunk shot is so sharp and full of personality, the falls are lovely, but I especially enjoyed seeing the basalt formations - like (the very best of) textbook illustrations of geology.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2009, 8:02 PM   #14

Nice ones, Harriet. I really like the chipmunk and the waterfalls. I haven't been in that area in over 30 years when we used to go to Mammoth to ski. Well, if you could call mine skiing. I mostly watched.

Scott - Guess I need to finish reading the manual on the K20. I didn't realize I could do that.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2009, 10:41 PM   #15

Thanks GW, Tim, mole, and Patty. I'm not much of a skier either, I can manage OK on nordic skis (without a camera) and have fun, but mostly snowshoe as it takes no extra skills.

The DA*300 is just an awesome lens and works very well with the K-7. I took some surfing pictures a week after I got the lens and they were the best I've ever managed (even if it would have been generous to call the waves "pint-sized" that day). I can hand-hold it but have to really work at it. The results are well worth it.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote