Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 12, 2009, 10:05 PM   #1
Default OH NO, not again...

When I was a child my mother said I was accident prone. I'm starting to believe her.

Friday I got off work early since I had everything done.
I was out in my shop working when I suddenly felt my feet being pulled out from under me. landed hard and fast with my left side glancing off one of my power tools then bounced my head on the concrete floor, knocked the wind out of me and for a second I thought I was going to black out. I laid on the floor for a minuet to catch my breath and hoping I'd be able to get up OK knowing if I couldn't my wife wouldn't be home for several hours and the way my head was bleeding I had to get it stopped. well, I made it inside and got an Ice pack to put on my head and stopped the bleeding.
Well, looks like I'll live another day, however I do have a very swollen hand and my left arm and shoulder hurts quite a bit, not to mention the little gash over my left eye... I guess it true when they say "You just can't keep a good man down" However, I'm not sure how soon I'll be out taking pictures again.

Would somebody please get me some Excedrin!

sorry, no pictures at this time...

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...

Last edited by Goldwinger; Sep 12, 2009 at 10:08 PM.
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2009, 10:39 PM   #2

OH NOOOOO! Not your head. Please don't ignore any symptoms that may be more serious.
cameanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 11:30 PM   #3

Not funny, GW. No kidding around here. Cameanee is right. As we get older, our brain shrinks (nothing to do with intelligence) and there is more room inside the cranium for it to slop around, so with the inertia of a good blow on the head (especially if you black out, "see stars", or have continuing headaches) blood vessels can get crushed against the bone, and hemorrhaging can result, so you should get yourself checked out as soon as possible. And stay away from that Excedrin - anything but Tylenol can interfere with blood clotting and internal bleeding could continue (that means asprin, ibuprofin, naproxin, or any other of the NSAID pain relievers). If you doubt this, you may remember that not too long ago a prominent American religious figure hit his head on the door frame of his limousine while visiting in Paris and died as a result. Take care and watch yourself.
If life brings you lemons, you can make lemonade.

Last edited by penolta; Sep 12, 2009 at 11:33 PM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 2:38 AM   #4

Take the advice...

and arnica..is awesome for any kind of trama (see your health food store)

I could tell you some amazing (to me ) stories, of my misadventures and the effects/benefits of arnica..
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 7:26 AM   #5

Sorry to hear about your fall. Like Penaulta said get yourself checked out.

Hope you get well soon so we can see some more pictures of bird dance, maybe the funky chicken this time!

Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 8:14 AM   #6

Oh, so sorry to hear that my friend! I wish and (do have a feeling!) you'll get well soon. I'm no expert but as far as I know it is the first 24 hours which is most crucial, especially if vomitting or/and a continuous feeling of absance is experienced, which requires immediate intervention.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 8:36 AM   #7

GW, Sorry to hear of your misfortune. And I can only echo what the others have said; get yourself checked out.

You said you suddenly felt your feet being pulled out from under you. Do you know what caused the fall?

Take care of yourself.
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 3:29 PM   #8

GW, what are we going to do with you?

Seriously, I hope you are doing okay now. Everyone's right. With head trauma, no questions, straight to the doctor.

Do you know why you fell? We had a friend from work who was at the top of the stairs and then about 20 minutes later found herself at the bottom of the stairs at her home. No one was home. Luckily she came to and went to the doctor. She has no recollection of falling or anything. It was quite scary.

Take care of yourself. Patty
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 3:53 PM   #9

GW - hope you got some medical help, the first 24hours are always the baddest.

Also hope everything is getting better

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 5:10 PM   #10

Please do tell us that you have gotten some medical attention for this! You've got to be sure to keep those valuable brains inside your skull where they belong!!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote