Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 20, 2009, 4:28 PM   #11

Lovely as usual, mole. I prefer the second one of the towers. I like the tree shots. What I've tried that never comes out right. And, your "turned" leaf shot with the sun was what I had attempted last weekend, but never could get it posted right.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2009, 7:23 PM   #12

Love the series of photos, I wish I can go outdoors more but I am stuck inside for the time being. I really like the one with the clouds outside of the window.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2009, 9:40 PM   #13

I think the first tower shot shows the scale better with the trees. I have seen Hairstreaks (I have the Grays in my backyard and the tiny little things won't stay in one place log enough to let me approach for a close up), but I have never seen a Comma - I really like that shot. BTW, the vulture is an immature Turkey, not a Black - good shots, too.
If life brings you lemons, you can make lemonade.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2009, 10:45 PM   #14

I love the first shot and your Black Vulture flight shots are very good as are all of these.

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 9:39 AM   #15

Another great hike with Mole. I enjoy this kind as I never get out of breath. The scenery is awesome as well.

I like the second shot of the tower. I feel the perspective gives it height. I also liked the clouds drifting behind it. The shots from inside were the best. Great views and I didn't mind the climb one bit!

Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 3:40 PM   #16

magnificent series, somehow I like the first shot of the toad best. Propably because its in a place where I haven't seen one.

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 2:20 PM   #17

Glad you liked the little climb up the mountain. Thanks for all the kind comments!

Patty - Thanks! Have you tried using Irfanview yet? It sure does help me to resize for posting. It even works on my Mac with a few "tweaks."

Saelee - Thanks so much! hope you get a chance to get outdoors soon.

Penolta - Glad you liked the Comma - they are not usually so cooperative & still!. Of course you are quite right - that was a young Turkey Vulture, and I should have known better! Just not thinking... or looking carefully...

Rodney - thanks!!

Lou - Glad you liked the "sweat-free" hike!!

Ronny - Thanks! That was one very patient toad - ignored my dogs, ignored the camera... I also like the habitat shot, but enjoyed seeing the forest reflection in his eye too!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 9:07 PM   #18

All of them are special shots, a wonderful hike. Though 12 miles is no longer a "small" hike for me, no matter what elevation gain (sigh). So I'll just enjoy them through your camera lens.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2009, 5:27 AM   #19

Thanks for your kind comments Harriet - glad you liked them!
You can borrow my dogs - they will pull you up the mountain!!

PS - should have added - there is a much shorter hike up to the fire tower, starting at the park entrance (instead of hiking in the back way as we did). That way is only a few miles of fairly easy hiking.

Last edited by mole; Sep 25, 2009 at 5:18 AM.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2009, 7:53 PM   #20

Awesome shots mole

Really like the butterfly and frog shots

Nikon D7000
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote