Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:01 PM   #11

Originally Posted by penolta View Post
I'm impressed with the first one - stopping the moth in midflight, just about to land - its tongue just beginning to unroll for feeding. Good catch!
Agreed!!! I got so involved with the possibility of a new toy that I forgot to compliment the chef! Very nice captures Paul!!!!

. . . and good examples why I need one of these. . .

BTW, I just posted an offer to the seller, we'll see if I can save a couple of bucks. . .

I decided to also get the 165mm model, thinking that it would work for both flashes. 2 stops lost shouldn't make any difference at macro distances. I've already got some plans to block off one side or the other for some contrast control. . .

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2009, 5:33 AM   #12

Paul - Amazing capture of the moth at work! Also wonderful details in the spiders. Looks like some fine equipment in some skilled hands!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2009, 7:03 PM   #13

Very nice Paul. I appreciate your review on these, if I had not just purchased the AF160 I would probably be in the market for one myself.

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote