Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 14, 2009, 4:36 PM   #21

Lovely series, mole. I'll have to be different on the opinion on the orientation. I prefer the landscape one. It shows the trees in shade and sun, and shows the expanse of the moutainside.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 9:31 AM   #22

Thanks for the input Patty, and glad to see you back at the forum again!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2009, 1:13 PM   #23

ooh, pretty! the mucadine picture is nice, the angle of the leaves is nice, especially mirrored by the stick in the background. of the two landscapes at the end, i like the portrait oriented one. the horizontal ones (it feels funny to say the landscape landscapes...) have too much going on, almost. like, there are so many layers to this landscape, and then having them each as long as the horizontal, it's a bit overpowering. the vertical orientation makes it more managable to look at and not be overpowered. the last one, the horizontal not quite like the others, it is a nice composition, not as much going on, and the horizontal format gives the viewer more space to enjoy each layer of the landscape. of the close-up autumn colors, i like the fern one the best, i like the line of the center of the fern right up near the top, but still with a bit of space above it. very nice composition.
Vole is offline   Reply With Quote