Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 12, 2009, 5:53 PM   #1
Default Fall Color

Well I don't know what happened to Fall, but the temps are 20F lower than normal and this is not making me happy!

ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 12, 2009, 6:53 PM   #2

Perhaps not happy about the temps, but you can really be happy about those pics! Nice.
Lawrence Culbertson
Sequim, WA

K5, Sigma 50 1.4, Tamron 28-75, Tamron 70-200 2.8, Panasonic LX5, Canon G15
Dr. C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2009, 7:30 PM   #3

Those are indeeed great pics. But I have to agree-- it's a bit early for the white stuff. I believe the weather forecast for our area (northern New England) said that the arctic system that caused your snow is coming our way in the next day or two. But the snow has been pretty well wrung out of the system, so we'll be having unusually cold temps, but little snow (or so I hope!)
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:25 PM   #4

Brrrrr, looks cold indeed, terrific shots.

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2009, 5:55 AM   #5

Great photos! Glad you are there to photograph them for us (and glad I am not there freezing!) Keep warm!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2009, 8:10 AM   #6

Thanks for the comments! The chance for photos was the only thing positive about the whole day since it snowed off and on all day.

I guess it is time to fire up the coal stove to heat up the house. Anthracite Coal is a great alternative to gas or propane since it is abundant, clean burning and gives off an amazing amount of heat.

ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2009, 9:50 AM   #7

Great pictures Tom. The second is my favorite.

To bad the s--- word has come back into our vocabulary so early. I took my boat out of the lake yesterday and this morning 4" of snow was forecast for Western Maine.

Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2009, 1:05 PM   #8

Those are great pix Tom, but, I can't say I envy you.
We are suppose to have a cold front moving in by this week end, should get all the way down to the low 80's maybe even in the high 70's!
I can deal with that, I found out yesterday that my AC is shot and have to replace the whole thing. Now all I have to do is find a few thousand dollars lying around some where...

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2009, 2:23 PM   #9

Very nice pictures! We seem to have found autumn - not the pretty tree changing colors, but the grey skies and rain that we need so desperately in places (and which other areas are dreading due to the summer's fires). I can't complain except for the wind - I could do without that.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2009, 3:23 PM   #10

Right now we are having our first major October storm in what they say is 45 years - no snow, but lots of rain with predicted mudslides and debris flows below the recent burn areas. The snow on your apples shows graphic proof of the early winter. Nice pictures, but the early storms may be an ominous warning of worse to come.
If life brings you lemons, you can make lemonade.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote