Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 17, 2009, 7:04 PM   #1
Default Farmscapes

I often drive through some really scenic farmland on my way out to my favorites birding locales without stopping to click. This morning was beautiful, so I made a couple of stops.

Most of the farm country in this part of our county is either cattle ranches or thoroughbred operations. This is one of the most beautiful.

Nearby is an extensive herd of Brahman cattle, some of whom were out enjoying the sun this morning. (By the way, the camera wasn't tilted--the land is, lol)

I couldn't resist thinking....."You talking to me?" I would not get between this mother and her calf.

Rodney talked about his area's drought, and I wish I could send him some of our rain. Carpenter Dam is one of a pair of dams built for power generation in the 1930's by Arkansas Power and Light Company. It's dual role is, of course, flood control. This is just about the most water I've ever seen being released at once in an attempt to curb flooding along the banks of Lake Hamilton. This is one of my first attempts at HDR (software, not in-camera)

All shots taken with the K-7 and Bigma.

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2009, 7:38 PM   #2

Enjoyed seeing these images, Paul. It is always interesting for me to see how the colors varify in different parts of the country. We seldom see those shades of green on the Front Range of the Rockies, especially now.
Lawrence Culbertson
Sequim, WA

K5, Sigma 50 1.4, Tamron 28-75, Tamron 70-200 2.8, Panasonic LX5, Canon G15
Dr. C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2009, 8:24 PM   #3

Nice work Paul, sure would love to have a house like in that first shot!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2009, 10:48 PM   #4

Scenic indeed! Nice shots Paul. I like your HDR picture of the dam, not overdone and quite natural.

Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2009, 10:54 PM   #5

Well done, nice series, Mother is beautiful, I hope you had a good conversation with her.
Thank You Paul for sending some rain, we just had a shower, nothing to read in the rain gauge, so keep on sending please.

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2009, 5:02 PM   #6

Paul - great shots as always - especially enjoy the cattle! Thanks for sharing these interesting rural views!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote