Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 25, 2009, 8:49 AM   #11

A neat series, thanks for taking me there. The last one is my favorite. Scott's comment is interesting - I definitely see what he's saying (the "tree-growing-out-of-the-person's-head situation). However, I looked at the picture a couple of times and wonder if by separating the light so it's got trees in the background instead of the tower (?). I'm not entirely sure that by moving the right is a better way to moving though - I wonder if it wouldn't be better to move slightly left, to put the light between the buildings and the tower. Composition is extremely hard for me, so I'm not sure that it would be the right thing. If it were me (and I were thinking in these terms), I'd try shooting one this way, one with the light to the left of the tank and then one with the light between the tank and the buildings. I'd love to see all three, to see which one I'd like best.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2009, 9:49 AM   #12
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Thanks Lou and Mole for your comments!

Scott & Harriet: Good feedback on the compositioin. Sorry Scott about the miscue on the exposure vs. the compositioin!! I guess I'll just have to return there next year for some more attempts
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2009, 7:19 PM   #13

Great pics! Some very beautiful scenery you photographed... I think one could have a lot of fun with some selective coloring in a few of those pics!
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote