Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 19, 2009, 7:58 AM   #11

I'm very saddened to hear this, GW! You're one of my very favorites on SDC forums and I can tell how much you love your photography. I will certainly lift you up in prayer. I'm also going to double check my homeowners policy to make sure I'm covered in a similar circumstance.

All the best,
jnanpentaxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 8:14 AM   #12

very sorry to hear ya bad news mate
the burgalrys bad enough! but to vandalise as well is just hatefull, i hope they catch them, lock them up and throw away the key
kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 3:33 PM   #13

Hi GW,

This is heartbreaking news. I just can't understand how people can be so hateful. My thoughts are with you and hope that some justice can be dealt out on your behalf. With the attitude towards life and spirit that you've shown us here on the forum, I know that you will prevail over this incredibly terrible situation. Please keep us posted.

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 5:52 PM   #14

When I saw the title of your post I didn't want to read it. I know you've gone through some tough situations before, but this is terrible. In this economy I guess I can understand, but not condone theft, but I've never unerstood the immaturity of vandalism. I wouldn't be surprised if it is younger people that are just dumb enough to shoot their mouths off and get caught, lets hope so. Meanwhile, like the others, I'm praying for you.
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 6:56 PM   #15

Really sorry to read that message-I guess it doesn't matter where you live crime can invade your home and possessions. I have certainly enjoyed looking at your photo's and your comments about mine. I hope you are back taking photo's soon.
DMJJR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 7:06 PM   #16

Only one who has gone through such a senseless act of violence can really understand how you feel, friend. Be assured that all of us are thinking about you and hope you can get back with us as soon as possible.

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 9:27 PM   #17

I feel like I have been punched in the stomach - that is a sickening thing to have happen to a friend. You must feel terribly violated. That kind of senseless random destruction is getting all too common - random home invasion robberies nasty things - out here they happen even when the occupants are home. At least you know you weren't targeted, or they would have hit while you were in away in Tennessee, not that that lessens the loss any. I presume they got your photo gear too? If you have a list of serial numbers, you can start patrolling local swap meets, and of course watch that online auction site. think of it this way - now you have an excuse to get the latest and greatest to replace the "old stuff" you have lost.

When you get around to reading this, be sure to check your PM's - I sent one to you when I first posted this.
If life brings you lemons, you can make lemonade.

Last edited by penolta; Nov 21, 2009 at 10:54 AM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 9:29 PM   #18

GW, I've been very busy for the past few days, and I only read this now. I can't tell you how sorry I am. It's sickening. I realize this isn't much of an offer, but if your camera gear was stolen, you're welcome to have my K100D , 18-50 kit lens, and 50-200 lens. The K100 only records photos in jpeg mode -- last summe it stopped recording in raw mode, and I was never able to figure out how to remedy that. The K100 body and the two lenses I mentioned have been sitting around untouched since August, when I got my K20, so I won't miss them.

I realize it's not much of an offer, but it sounds like you'll have to replace many items, and it may be a while before you can get a decent camera. If you'd like the body and lenses, just shoot me a private message.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 10:08 PM   #19

this is so sad
and the vandalism is so sensless
i hope they are caught and at least some of your stuff returned if not all
it sounds like you and your family are ok at least
keep us informed as best you can of how things go
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:04 PM   #20

Terrible. In 26 years our house was broken into once and on another occasion our trailer was stolen...right out of our back yard. Never got it back.

My sympathies...I know what's like. As another poster said, it really is a feeling of violation.

lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote