Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 20, 2009, 9:39 PM   #31

So sorry to hear about this!!! I wish you the best of luck

Take Care
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:00 PM   #32

Just read your post, and it makes me feel ill. Brings back some ugly memories of 2 1/2 years ago, the very day I moved from the city of Calgary to the small town where I live now. The moving company was supposed to show up at 8:00 AM that day to load my stuff, which was all packed and waiting. I slept on the sofa that night. At 4:00AM, the phone rang. It was the city police, to tell me that my 31 year old son had been injured in a robbery. Seems 3 goons wearing ski masks broke into his house, and held my son and his two room-mates at gunpoint, and proceeded to ransack the place, stealing everything of value – large screen tv and surround system, computers, large DVD collection, collection of antique swords, $1200 cash, and like your place, they trashed everything by throwing catsup all over everything. As a parting gift (possibly because my son is a very big, intimidating-looking guy), they blew away part of his leg with a 12 gauge shotgun. The gun-shot alerted a neighbour, who called the police, but the goons were long gone by the time they got there. The creeps were never caught, although when a Jamacan gang was busted a year later, one or more of them might have been involved. My boy had no insurance. The event screwed up his life in more ways than one. It took a year, four surgeries, and a lot of therapy before his leg healed, and during that time, he was unable to work. His unemployment insurance ran out, along with financial help from a victims of violence group. Now, after 2 1/2 years, his life is finally getting back to normal. Most of his stuff has been replaced, he's working, and has pulled out of the deep depression he suffered. I spent a day with him last month, and he's once again cheerful, funny, and optimistic.

Sorry, Goldwinger, this surely isn't going to make you feel better, but it may help to know others have gone through similar trials, and bounced back. You will, too, I'm sure. Please keep us informed. You and your lady will be in my thoughts.

Last edited by neilcrichton; Nov 20, 2009 at 11:02 PM.
neilcrichton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2009, 7:23 AM   #33

Man o man thats just awful!! Echoing the above sentiments I am glad you and Linda were unharmed.

bock1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2009, 5:50 AM   #34

GW, I've only just read of your misfortune, that must be a horrendous experience, and I really feel for you. It's not something I've had to suffer myself, I've been fortunate I think, ... hope I'm not tempting providence. Hope things are better in the future. ... Jack.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2009, 6:52 AM   #35

Sorry to here of your horrid troubles, At least you have the best wishes and support of us here, and I'm sure from family & friends around you, unlike the people who have done this terrible thing to you, they will always be just thieves & low life losers. At the moment it most likely doesn't seem like it, but you are the lucky one.

simowills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2009, 3:34 PM   #36

Sorry to hear about your misfortune GW. I wish you luck with putting things all back together. This just shows what kind of people we have to live in this world with, if you can't take it just ruin it so that it's no good. It just reminds us that we need to back things up just in case of such things. I would hate to lose all my pictures and other files I have. Take care and hope to see you on here again soon.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2009, 3:59 PM   #37

I am an insurance adjuster and I am unclear why you would have such limited coverage for theft? Do you have a Ho3, or Ho6 policy? Feel free to PM me for any questions on coverage.
Nikon D5000 with 18-55, and 55-200 vr lens
Nikon SB 600 flash
Nikon S640
Nikon Coolpix 5700
Canon Elan SLR

Blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2009, 6:14 PM   #38

so sorry.. i can definitely give some advise tho.. keep an eye out for the next 6 weeks because these a$$es will wait for you and the insurance to go get new items from you.
Passion is in all great searches and is necessary to all creative endeavors. - W. Eugene Smith
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2009, 9:17 PM   #39

I am so sorry to hear of your plight. This is horrible. I just heard at work today about a fellow employee's family being assaulted in the same way. Took specific things and trashed the rest. And, was as though they knew where things were, too.

And, my daughter-in-laws family was robbed about two years ago. Good news is they were finally caught because they couldn't keep their mouths shut. Teenagers that had to brag about what they'd gotten. They didn't get everything back, but most of it.

So, I wish you luck that they find the criminals who did this and put them away for a long time so they don't do it to anyone else. And, heed Roy's advice. Watch because they know you will be trying to replace things. Happened to my aunt at the train station. Her car battery was stolen, so she bought a new one, only for it to be stolen a week later.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2009, 11:28 AM   #40

Just got back on and saw this GW. So sorry to hear about it. Did they get your camera gear too?
Big Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote