Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 18, 2009, 8:29 PM   #1
Default Some really really bad news...

Hey guys,
I'm just signing in to let you know I don't know when I'll be able to get back on line. I'm using a friends computer to get on right now but, I won't be able to do this very often. When I got home today at around 2pm I discovered my front door kicked in. I called the sheriffs office and they came out to make sure the house was clear. It was but, they made off with several thousand dollars worth of gear and electronics, not to mention some keepsake jewelry from Linda mom and grand mother and to top it all off, they got the $1200 cash that she had stashed away to keep fore her son so he wouldn't be tempted to spend,(he is coming for Thanks giving and expecting to pick it up) what they didn't take, they poured tomato juice and Gatorade all over, and I mean all over everything! They ruined everything, the internet,phone service, cable. two ink jet printers, battery charger a dozen AA batteries, TV's stereo, VCR furniture carpeting... all destroyed. I went and pulled our my insurance policy and found out I only have $2000 coverage for theft and $500 deductible. And if that wern't enough, when Linda went over to her friends house to use the phone... her car quit and refused to start!

Well, I guess that's enough for now,I've had it, if I keep on I'm going to get so depressed That I might give up and refuse to start!
I'll be back, don't know when but, I'm determined...I think.

One more thing just entered my mind, they have my computer, and a lot of my personal info and... I think this is going to be a bigger mess than I thought.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...

Last edited by Goldwinger; Nov 18, 2009 at 8:34 PM.
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 18, 2009, 8:53 PM   #2

Gee. You certainly had a bad day. Hope your insurance covers quite a bit of the damages/theft.
If you have the computer to log on line for banking make sure you inform the bank of the theft of those info
See you soon as you are a fighter

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2009, 9:38 PM   #3

More rotten luck! That's horrible, all of it. Vandalism and theft both. At least you weren't home (or that might have meant that they would have left your house alone?). I hope that they catch the people that did this to you. Did they get your camera as well as computers, etc.? That would be the worst. We'll be thinking about you.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2009, 10:37 PM   #4

I walked into two of my churches over the years and viewed similar sights. It's hard to describe the gut wretching pain that one feels at that moment. Please receive my offer of sympathy.
Lawrence Culbertson
Sequim, WA

K5, Sigma 50 1.4, Tamron 28-75, Tamron 70-200 2.8, Panasonic LX5, Canon G15
Dr. C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:47 PM   #5

That is terrible news. Notifying your banks is key and I'm sure you will get things in order and maybe you can borrow a friends computer to change your passwords and protect as much of your information as possible.

Lifting you in prayer.
cameanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 12:09 AM   #6

So saddening to hear this, GW. We're all with you in your pain, stay in touch and let us know how things develop. Hope you can say soon enough "it was hell but now it's over" and get back to a normal life.

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 1:08 AM   #7

I am so sorry.

My Flickr Photos

Pentax K-5 K20D K100D
Pentax DA 55-300mm 4-5.8 ED / Pentax M 200mm F4 / Pentax Tak K 135mm 2.5 / Pentax M 100mm F4 Macro / Tamron SP AF90mm 2.8 Di Macro / Pentax M 1.7 50mm / Pentax M 2.8 28mm
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 5:53 AM   #8

GW - My family & I will keep you in our prayers. Especially glad that you & Linda were not hurt by these thoughtless thieves/vandals. Take good care of yourselves and each other...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 6:55 AM   #9

GW, my heart goes out to you. Keep your spirits up and you and Linda will get through this. Hope you are back with us soon.

Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 7:34 AM   #10

The loss when something like this happens goes far beyond the physical property that is taken or vandalized. May you take strength and comfort from forum members who empathize with you and hope for a positive outcome in this time of difficulty.

bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote