Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 26, 2009, 8:26 AM   #1
Default Manfrotto and K7

Hi all, Happy Thanksgiving! I need a new tripod for my K7, and was wondering if this would be good. The cost $130.00 which fits my budget nicely. It will have to support my K7, and the 55-300 da zoom lens. http://www.amazon.com/...ef=redir_md...2?a=B0015MFTH6
tony3dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 26, 2009, 10:14 AM   #2

How tall are you? This one wouldn't adjust high enough for me.
  • 3-section legs extend up to 46.6 inches without center column extension.
  • Reversible center column allows for an extra high adjustment of 57.0 inches.
Also, I didn't see anything stating its maximum weight capacity. Those are important things to consider before pulling the trigger.
I don't have a photograph. I'd give you my footprints, but they're upstairs in my socks. -- Groucho Marx
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2009, 11:11 AM   #3

Manfotto claims 11.0 pounds
tony3dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2009, 11:32 AM   #4

Height is a biggie. That was one of the tough things for me when I was looking a few years ago. I ended up with a Manfrotto and trigger type head (which I do love), but paid more than I'd intended because I was snowed over by the sale person. And, I'd done my research - I thought.

Anyway, take a look at this one in your price range, too - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...specifications

I think this is similar to the one I had been looking at when I got the Manfrotto instead. I wish I'd bought it instead.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote