Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 7, 2009, 4:28 PM   #11

All good Mole but, love the expressions you captured on the birds!
... And its going to be in the low 80's here tomorrow...

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:27 PM   #12

Lovely shots, mole. All the bird shots are just perfect. And, the squirrel is so cute. We had snow in NJ this past weekend, too. Started on our trip down. Wasn't much of a problem, though, Just a nuisance.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:59 PM   #13

Very nice pics as usual Mole. Here in Vermont we got our first snow of the season on the same day you did. We almost always get at least a bit of snow in November, but not this year. It's remarkably late, and very welcome. Now that the temps have finally dropped, the ski areas are making snow like crazy, and the landscape has a beautiful white dusting. By March I'll be sick to death of the stuff, but now it's wonderful.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2009, 1:34 AM   #14

Brrrrr....it was nice to enjoy the snow through your photos as I can barely stand the stuff in real life...what can I say, I'm a SoCal native and the warmer the better.

But, as always, your photos are fabulous and I envy your talent.
cameanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:40 AM   #15

Gary - Thanks! My wife is not so happy with his "capturing" our bird feeders - but he sure is cute...

Almar - Thanks for your kind words - I do enjoy sharing the beauty of our coner of the earth! Would love to see some photos of your places too!

Les - all I can say is brrrr... Glad to be in relatively mild East TN, and hope you survive the cold & wind well!

Lou - Still not sure why the others had that purplish cast - this old lens has some odd CA issues sometimes, but it's more likely my PP work... Sure do wonder what's up with your bird populations.

Harriet - Thanks! Hope you do get to enjoy some of the snow the next time...

Hards - Thanks for the input! I had a lot of fun playing with focus on the snow shots... The chicadee (the little one you liked best) was a tough one - those little critters will not hold still for my slow-focusing fingers (and even slower-reacting brain!) Took A LOT of shots of blurred feather-blobs to get just a few clear shots...

GW - Thanks! They sure are expressive little critters! We're expecting cold & windy today, maybe in the lower 40's. Enjoy your sunshine!

Patty - Thanks for your kind words. Glad the snow did not interfere with your trip!

Mtnman - You do live in "snow heaven," don't you! Would love to see some photos of "real snow" from your region.

Cameanee - Glad you could enjoy the snow without the cold! Thanks for your kind words - your photos show a great deal of talent (just different choice of subject...)
mole is offline   Reply With Quote