Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 14, 2009, 6:38 PM   #1
Default It's Cold Outside, So I'll Go In

At least that must have been what this guy was thinking when he flew past my head into the house as I was getting ready to leave for work this morning. I got a couple of shots before I tried to chase him out.

Unfortunately, when I opened the door to give him an escape route, another flew in. With three cats and two dogs in the house, things got exciting, including a capture by one of the cats, followed by an escape from the cat's clutches. Twelve hours later, one of the wrens has made his escape to the outside. We think the other is still inside in hiding, but it's possible he, too, could have escaped......we hope.

Attached Images
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 14, 2009, 7:09 PM   #2

Never a dull moment around your place, eh Paul?

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...

Last edited by Goldwinger; Dec 14, 2009 at 7:20 PM.
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2009, 9:21 PM   #3

You never know what sort of excitement may greet you when you step out the door, do you? Reminds me of the line from the Lord of the Rings: "Its a dangerous thing to get out of bed in the morning....."
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2009, 9:47 PM   #4

Reminds me of the time our dog kept sniffing under a chair. I looked and saw a lizard hiding - spent an hour trying to catch it as it wasn't going to leave the protection of the chair/table/sofa arrangement. I finally caught it - by the tail, which it promptly shed. I finally did manage to get it outside, but it was a struggle.

Not the greatest picture in the world, but still a cute one, considering the conditions.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2009, 8:39 AM   #5

My kids would love for something like that to happen...as long as the little guys weren't injured.
cameanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2009, 3:32 PM   #6

Sure is a cute shot of a "crazy" bird - our wrens do some equally crazy things, especially now and again in the early Spring.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote