Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 23, 2009, 12:16 PM   #1
Default pentx k-x review up at dpreview

Looks like the reviewer at dpreview had some very high praise for the k-x:
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2009, 1:07 PM   #2

Thanks for the heads up. Great review of the KX. I bought my KM (K2000) in April of this year, as an additional body to go with my K10D.

It's a great little carry around camera and I'm relatively pleased with it. However if I knew the KX was coming down the pike, I might have waited a few months.

But that's the camera business...technology marches on...when we buy a new camera we are at the forefront of technology only for the briefest of times, before something new and improved comes along.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2009, 1:40 PM   #3

my comment on the DPR review

Wow! I may have to just get one of these. I have never seen, especially in a DPR review, the phrase "Good low light performance" and 'Pentax" used in the same review. Much less as one of the cameras "Pros"
EddyinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2009, 5:52 PM   #4

Harrummphhh! All these outstanding reviews and awesome posted pictures taken with the K-x are not helping me out in the least. I do NOT need another camera. I have 3 cameras I'm very happy with. But it would be nice to have all that low-light capability of the K-x. No, don't need it. No, I can't afford it. No, my hubby would shoot me if I even hinted about wanting ANOTHER new camera so soon after buying the K-7. No, no, no.

But I sure would like to have one. Sigh. Glad that Pentax put out such a winner of a camera this time.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2009, 6:33 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Certainly looks like a great performer for the price. I would love to know how good the AF is as this could really be a good option for people with a desire to get into sports shooting on a budget and thus give Canon a run.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote