Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:52 PM   #61

A tough call... enjoyed them all. My vote will go for PDL's dock scene, with the serene mood.
tundraguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:23 AM   #62

My vote goes to Patty for the picture of her grandson with Paul's as runner up.

Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:54 PM   #63

Maybe I am just moody or I to am waiting for spring. I am going to go with PDLs photo this month.

Painting is an additive art. The artist adds to the canvas until they stop with their version of reality. Digital photography is subtractive art. First we throw away 90 percent of reality then remove what is left bit by bit until we have only the reality we wish to show. Flickr is like fun. PPG is like work. A camera is a machine of light and time with the purpose of capturing a luminous moment. Like the eye it is a tool of the mind.

Last edited by daz; Feb 4, 2010 at 8:11 AM.
daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2010, 9:04 PM   #64

If it's ok with everyone, we'll keep the voting open until midnight tomorrow - February 4, and count the votes on Friday.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:49 AM   #65

Oh dear - that means I have to get off the fence. One day I look at these and choose an atmospheric moody picture (of which there are several outstanding ones). The next time I look I choose one of the people mood pictures (of which there are several, Paul and Patty being very slight favorites). And then there's also Ed's Herons.

All of the pictures posted this month are outstanding. Because I'm tired today I think I'll side with the atmospheric moody picture category (people take more energy), which has more than 2 strong contenders. It finally came down to Kashka's solitary tree and PDL's foggy, rainy dock. Both are perfect pictures (IMHO) and I love them both - don't want to make a choice between them. I'll never make a photography judge.

Finally flipped a coin and it came up for PDL.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 4:19 PM   #66

I like Glenn's (LYRICS51) happy mood.

snooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:12 PM   #67

Patty's "tear on his cheek" gets my vote.
There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. ~Ansel Adams
cameanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2010, 3:25 PM   #68

It's very close, but Patty received the most votes. Congratulations!

Definitely can relate to the mood your grandson portrays. I feel like that, too, when it's close to my nap time. : )
Old Feb 5, 2010, 7:25 PM   #69

Okay. Another surprise. I came here to vote tonight and find out not only that it's already counted, but that I had the most votes. I don't know if it would change the votes, but my vote was going to be for Kashka's tree in the field. With the week I've had, it sort of set my mood. Sort of lonely and desolate.

I've been spending many extra hours at work the past three weeks in preparation for new software to be installed end of this week/beg. of next. We knew some things weren't working completely and we'd be doing some things manually that are now computerized, but it's never ending. Well, they haven't supplied us with the data conversion yet even though they've had our file since Tuesday and I found yet another major snafu with the program today while trying to write a manual for it. (It's not coming with one.) In my world, when you have an account for someone with a $500 balance on it and you post a payment of $50 you end up with a new balance of $450. Not $478.43. Our original "go live date" was 21 Jul 2006. Yes, that was 2006. Three years and 7 months ago!

Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Sorry everyone. It's just been a really bad few weeks!

I will come up with a new topic as soon as I can think of something.

Thanks for all the votes. My grandson thanks you, too. This image will come in handy in about 15 years.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2010, 6:33 PM   #70

No fair blackmailing your grandson Patty!

So sorry to hear about your week. I think there should be a law that software companies can't collect a dime on there wares until they are up and running properly. I bet things would be done a lot quicker!

Oh, congratulations on winning!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote