Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 18, 2010, 9:41 AM   #11

If they haven't over-stuffed the sensor with megapixels, then it should have excellent image quality. Several years ago when I looked at a picture taken by a friend who had a full frame camera, I was amazed at the dynamic range it was able to capture. Less noise, too, at higher ISOs (think the difference between an 8-10 mp p&s and a 6 mp dSLR). It'll be interesting to see the real world results people get with it. I'm sure I'll be jealous.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 3:38 PM   #12

Some months age, the president of Hoya in an interview stated that the 645 would not be introduced into the North American market, as they didn't foresee enough sales here to justify it. I wonder if that has changed? The patent filing could be only intended to protect their technology.
If life brings you lemons, you can make lemonade.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:08 PM   #13

i think it might prove more popular than they think - been reading blogs and alot of canikon users are holding off buying anything until its released so they can get a look at it rather than buying new ff even though it would mean new glass etc too

so imagine will be alot of people who want an affordable MF camera will simply get it shipped from japan in need be
Pentax-DA 12-24mm f4 | Pentax-DA* 16-50mm f2.8 | Pentax-A 50mm f1.4 | Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax-DA* 60-250mm f4 | Sigma 150-500mm
Pentax Photo Gallery
John.Pattullo is offline   Reply With Quote