Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:53 PM   #21

Patty and Mole,

If I may, I think the pictures tend to give a look of despair and desolation, which, I my humble opinion, is what the pictures portray quite accurately. The general gray theme and the hole in the roof of the first one, the rusty roof of second one and the different angle on the third, portray a similar feeling to me.

This is not a critique, just a comment on what Patty had suggested, and I think you have captured these barns, and their context quite well.

Please keep up your good work with the wonderful trips down the Tennessee Lane!

thepusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2010, 2:06 PM   #22

Looking at the images again I think it's just the Posted sign that keeps drawing my attention away from the barn. Not anything you can do about it. Just my take on the image. Other than the sign, I love the barns. Something I'm always trying to take images of around here.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2010, 5:32 PM   #23

ThePusher - indeed a hint of sorrow in many of our old barns and sheds - as farmland is gradually fading to housing developments... Thanks!

Patty - Thanks so much for the help! I might try cloning out the sign, just to see how it looks without it. Also have a few more barn, etc photos to post here soon...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote