Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 13, 2010, 1:58 AM   #1
Default PENTAX K-X in 100 colours

Here are all the colours available for this promising camera

Pentax 35mm f/2.4 AL SMC DA
Pentax 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 ED IF SMC P-DA Fish-Eye
guillermovilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2010, 5:55 AM   #2
Default I'll stay with Black

Looks like a candy store for cameras. I guess it is one way to market one's wares. The camera does look promising but loses out to the D5000 due to not having an articulating screen. Video it wins out I guess but it isn't a make or break deal for me since I primarily buy a camera for being a camera and not a hybrid. My video needs are met with the iPod Nano Video.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2010, 3:44 PM   #3

Any one will do just fine, but my wife would kill me for replacing my k2000 this soon

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 1:58 AM   #4

I think it works. One of my students got a DSLR for her 18th birthday. She could have one of her choice, and she picked the Kx because it was the only one available in a cool colour, metallic blue. And that is what the Pentax marketing strategy (they do have one!) aim at. Most DSLR users are men around 50-70 years old, to find a new target group you'll have to look for new features to give a new image to the product.
That's precisely what happened on the cellphone market some ten years ago. Ericsson was the world leader, and they were very conservative. Designed cellphones to appeal to executives, stock market brokers e t c. S e r i o u s business, cellphones for your important business talk.
And so the tyre and wellington boots producing company Nokia came up with a new idea, fun cellphones appealing to the young and playful. Exchangeable shells in cool colours, phones filled with games and cool features, exchangeable tunes etc. Did it work??

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 6:16 PM   #5

A friend of mine went all over town once because she just had to have a red phone (and she's not young). I like the colors, the cameras are fun. If I didn't already have 3 dSLR cameras I'd buy a white Kx in a heart-beat. How about it, friends - wouldn't one of you like to buy a K20 for about twice what it's worth so I could buy one ( )?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote