Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:02 AM   #11

Fascinating and beautiful photography. I always learn when I read your posts. Now, I have to go out and scan the hillsides near my house for wildflowers, instead of the "easy" tame ones, lol.

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:39 PM   #12

Well, Paul already said what I was thinking so, I'll just say ditto.
one other thing though.... I have had a lot of bazaar things happen to me in my lifetime but, one thing I can happily boast about is, I've never had a wort on any of my teeth!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 6:37 PM   #13

Lovely pictures Mole. I love how you have shown us that even when the "big picture" looks like everything is still in its winter dormancy, all one has to do is look closely and carefully to find that signs of spring abound.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:42 PM   #14

Okay. I may just have to go out and buy some flowers for the house! Lovely, as usual.

I'm curious how you process your photos for the web. They are always so sharp. The ones I posted of the beach looked much sharper before I resized for here. I know there was a post about a year ago I may have been the one to start about this where I learned a different way to post images, but I could not find it last night. The one where I was posting the church windows from Boston. I've been processing in PSE8, save file as full size, then resize to 72dpi and longest side at 800 pixels. Then, post that image. I even tried linking from my zenfolio.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:48 PM   #15

More great shots! Our spring is slow to come also - we had a fair amount of late rain which has slowed wildflower blooms.

Your shots encourage me to take that closer look at the tiny things around me - there's always something new to see or something I've seen many times before without noticing. Thanks for posting these sure signs of spring.

P.S. Patty - I usually do a bit of USM or smart sharpen after I resize the picture. Resizing down can make a good shot a bit soft.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:10 PM   #16

Paul - Glad you liked them, and glad they inspired you to take even better ones!

GW - Thanks! Watch out for those "worts!" (Actually wort is an old name for plant - so toothwort is "tooth plant")

MtnMan - Thanks - that was my exact intention - glad it worked!

Patty - Don't fret, spring WILL arrive there someday...
To answer your other question, I usually use Irfanview (free software) to prepare photos for posting. It runs on Windows, and can be made to run on Intel Macs (using Darwine). I use the "resample" rather than "resize" option, which seems to preserve more detail. Let me know if you need more information...

Harriet - Thanks so much - so glad that my little pictures are encouraging your nature observation...
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 2:28 PM   #17

Mole, due to my travel plans I may miss spring entirely this year (will have two Autumns instead). I am living Spring vicariously through your fine photography. Thanks for sharing and providing these wonderful images!

Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote