Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:32 AM   #11

Great work, Mike-

#1 is my favorite.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2010, 8:14 AM   #12

Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
Beautiful, vivid pics! Just what all of us in the northeast need right now, with the lanscape taking so long to wake up from the winter.
Thank you and I definitely agree. Things are starting to come to life here but it's been slow going. It was refreshing to see blooming flowers at the market.

Originally Posted by placematters View Post
Great shots -- especially the first one -- perfect DOF to get the lower level of petals, and well framed.
Thank you for the kind words.

Originally Posted by Tachikoma View Post
Have to agree with the others, awesome pics!

I am burning with the need to go out and take some macro shots but it's still raining heavily and the only flowers out are a few daffodils that have just emerged.
Surprisingly this wasn't technically a macro shot. I used my Sigma 24-135mm lens, had to shoot from about 5 feet away at full zoom (maybe that would still be macro ). I feel like this lens really performs well with shots like this, presents a nice smooth bokeh.

Originally Posted by mole View Post
Not much to add other than - great job! Wonderful captures of the colors and patterns, and especially nice work on #1!!
Thank you Mole, your own photography is inspiration to me.

Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
All I can do echo the above! Nice work... The first flower is just beyond super! Ned
Thanks Ned, like the animals and plants, I tend to hibernate during the winter months and then start to wake up as the weather turns nicer out.

Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Great work, Mike-

#1 is my favorite.

Sarah Joyce
Thank you Sarah, I appreciate the kind words.

On a side note, does anyone know what kind of flower is in #1? I'm thinking it's a zinnia but I'm not sure. I should have paid better attention to the tag hanging above the potted plants at the market.

Update: Mystery solved finally, found a pic online that matches, it's a red chrysanthemum.

Last edited by MadMikeSS; Mar 30, 2010 at 8:43 AM.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote