Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:52 PM   #1
Default Eagle, Owl, Hawks Nest Updates

Just thought I would do update for those that have been following these. Not much to show in photos lately.

Eagles - Today - When I arrived the nest was empty. Of the three Egletsthere was one Eaglet sitting well above the nest and one, just visible through the trees, well below the nest. At 8:23 am the Eglet above the nest flapped it's wings and looked to fall off the branch, gaining control and flying somwhere behind the tree. It never got higher then the tree so I could not see where it landed. At around 9:30am the lower Eaglet crept up the branches of the melaleuca tree it was on until it was out of sight. That was the end of activity while I was there. No adults were seen.

Great Horned Owl - Since the last photo I posted of the Owlets out of the nest the Owls have moved where they are un-accessable. Were doing fine when last seen.

Red-shouldered Hawks - The two chicks are doing well, growth has impinged on the nest making observation difficult. I could see the chicks exercizing their wings through the cover.

K7, DA* 300mm with AF 1.7X Adapter
Attached Images
snooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 23, 2010, 4:53 PM   #2

Thanks for the update Ed.
Looks like the juvenile Bald Eagle just a bit unsteady there.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:29 PM   #3

Funny to think about such a graceful bird being at such an awkward stage. I love the last picture, it sure does look like it's not too sure about those flapping things on its back. Like it's afraid to let go. Thanks for the update, though it's sad to see them grow up and leave.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote