Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 1, 2010, 8:25 AM   #11
Default as usual

as usual very nice pics. What lenses did you use and why?
Bowenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 2:03 AM   #12

More fascinating subjects - you could probably find endless variety even in a desert!
If life brings you lemons, you can make lemonade.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 5:03 AM   #13

What can I say? It must be a great sadness to you to have to work surrounded by all that outdoors and nature. Bet you'd much rather do what I do, and sit in front of a laptop all day long, surrounded by lots of other buildings.

Fantastic photos, that Lunar Moth just doesn't look real.

Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 9:10 PM   #14

I've never seen a picture of the Luna Moth, much less seen one in person. They are fascinating! And of course, I love your flowers but the moth is outstanding. Sure is prettier than the dark brown moths so common around here...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2010, 6:46 AM   #15

Frogfish - Thanks! Lunas are lovely, but getting scarcer lately. One of a number in the Silkmoth family, all pretty and rather large, all getting scarcer..

Billy - Glad to add "fuel" to your excitement! I've met some very fine folks from some hiking clubs in North Georgia. They would be glad to help you find the most scenic places in the wild country there.

GW - Thanks! Despite the size and seemingly bright color, Lunas are hard to spot. This one was clinging to the underside of a blueberry bush, and blended right in with all the green. Nice of it to move over to the log later!

Ronny - Thanks so much! The Golden Club is an odd plant - needs flooded land with moving water, and is distant kin to Jack in the Pulpit...

BowenP - Thanks for your kind words. Lenses used for these were mostly the Pentax DA 16-45 for the wider views, and Sigma 105 macro for the closeups. Seems that these two are the ones I'm using the most lately - good color and sharpness, and covers most of the springtime range. Also have been using the A* 300 for birds a lot, and just got a very used Sigma 70-300 for dragonfly & butterfly shots...

Penolta - Thanks so much for saying so. We do live in an amazingly diverse world! (And you photograph it quite well too!!)

Keith - I often tell folks that I get paid to play all day long! Not quite true, but sure seems that way. Hope you get some time away from the electronics sometime!!

Harriet - Thanks! Lunas are always a treat to find, especially one as fresh as that one. Usually I find old tattered ones, or just a few wings after some bird has had a furry moth-snack.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote