Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 24, 2010, 2:34 AM   #1
Default K-7 Video darkening fixed (free software)

Right as some of you probably remember I was having a problem in that all the free video editors/converters were drastically darkening video taken with the K-7.

It seems to be a problem with plugins to handle the MJPEG format on the free software.

I was perusing YouTube last night and watching some video's taken with the K-7 and saw one person had edited it with "MPEG Streamclip" which is free (and cross platform) and it worked brilliantly. I don't lose any discernible quality, shaved off 1/3 of the filesize and it doesn't ruin the video in the process.

Load up your video, choose "save as mp4" pick H.264 compression at 100% quality and away you go. It's not very fast compared to a lot of other software, but it's a small price to pay for something that works.

If anyone else is planning to mess around with the K-7 video mode and doesn't want to fork out for Adobe Premiere, or something like that, then I recommend MPEG Streamclip.

Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links