Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 6, 2010, 11:55 AM   #1
Default Pentax Repair Department

Has anyone had experience with them? In January I had my AF 540 FGZ mounted on my K7 when I bumped it into a shelf prying off the metal mount on the hot shoe. I did not send it in then, was following too many interesting stories. Everything else was working, including the on board flash, and using the AF 540 off camera with a remote trigger. Not being able to use the camera with the AF 540 and my Better Beamer flash extender is not possible. After photographing some Burrowing Owls on Friday I shipped my K7 to:

Pentax Service Department
250 North 54th St.
Chandler, AZ 85226

They wiuld not commit to a time line.

snooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 6, 2010, 12:05 PM   #2

I haven't used Pentax repair in over a year. The one time I dealt with them, I sent in my DA55-300 for warranty repair. I had expected to receive my repaired lens back in about 6 weeks (what they were saying at the time was their normal turn-around time). I was very surprised to find a brand new, replacement lens on my doorstep in a little over 3 weeks. While I've heard horror tales occasionally, the majority of stories I've read about have been pretty positive.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote