Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 13, 2010, 3:12 PM   #11

LOL! Ronny, you're going to scare Ned all the way to China and back!
He's still trying to figure out the basics on PSE8. I'm not certain I could do the beautiful job you did here, without studying up on the Orton effect. I've seen it done and read a little about it but, still haven't tried it yet. I really do like what you did with it here, if you had the RAW file it'd be a master piece!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 9:38 AM   #12

Actually a lot of trees does excite me. Love the dark mystery they offer. I converted your photo to Pro Photo color space in PhotoShop then used a graduated ND filter fro Nik ColorEfex to darken the top with the sunlight and lighten the bottom for more detail. The Pro Photo colorspace gives a warmer color range than sRGB or AdobeRGB. If you get a good Graduated ND filter for that lens then this will be done in camera instead of in post processing. Might even do something similar with the in camera filters themselves. The main idea is to get more detail from the darkened spaces and to give more color and warmth than the camera's color space will allow. After working it over I converted it to sRGB before saving it. That's all nothing more. Love these photos so far...keep them coming.
Big Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:05 AM   #13

Thanks so much, Ed! And thanks for the info. I know how to use ND filters on a camera, but will have to learn how do it in post-processing. Glad you like the trees, mate... it's either that, lakes, or the sauna! All the best. Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote