Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:50 PM   #11

Originally Posted by Trojansoc View Post
Actually #1 was taken wide open at the full 10mm. I composed to use the distortion on the path making it look far longer than it is and to minimize distortion on the temple itself, which I moved to the right.

The 10-17 can really provide you with a lot of creativity - which you have shown. It can be so much more than just the fish eye effect. I really like what you have done, as you would have never guesses it was a 10-17, let alone at 10mm. More shots like this, will show folks that the lens has a lot to offer - more that meets the eye, especially at first glance.

Looks like you had a pretty good vacation - except for the getting sick part. Hope you are feeling better.

interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 4:35 AM   #12

Thanks for all the kind comments and concern for our health, but we're going to make it and not waste this trip to the islands.

It's funny, but the 10-17 almost didn't make the cut for the Hawaii trip. I finally decided to take it because, I figured, it doesn't take up much room....and I "might" find some use for it....lol.

It has been a workhorse this trip. Today, it enabled me to shoot an ocean-going canoe of the type thought to have been used to colonize Hawaii.; Nothing else would have given me sufficient width without including innumerous other tourists.

Shots taken today with K-7.

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 5:19 AM   #13

Nice shots Paul - I found the exact same thing at the World Expo where I use the Sigma 10-20 to get real close and exclude tourists whilst still managing to get large objects in the frame.
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote