Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:09 AM   #1
Default "Lovely" Surprise on Return

We got back from Hawaii yesterday morning, and I couldn't wait to get to work processing some of my shots using CS4 and a high quality monitor....but, not so fast.

I turned on my computer and was greeted by a corrupted Windows folder and had to go buy Windows 7 and do a "side-by-side" installation....which means all my programs have to be individually reinstalled again. argggghhhhhhhhhh.......

It's been a long time since I've had a computer issue this frustrating. At least, it didn't require a new computer since the pocketbook is a little slim after Hawaii....lol

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:39 PM   #2

Sorry to hear it! I had a similar incident last October and installed Windows 7. The good news is that Windows 7 has worked great. The job is time consuming though.

Good Luck!

snooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 1:17 PM   #3

Well, I can certainly understand how frustrating that is, Paul. Been there, done that!
On the bright side, I think you'll like Windows 7. It seems to be pretty solid.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 2:24 PM   #4

A very frustrating situation! I can't tell you how many times I ended up re-installing all my programs, it always took a long weekend at a minimum (install software, install updates, install more updates, find new drivers, etc.). A horrible thing to have to do, but at least you don't have a new computer (call Adobe or Microsoft, explain the new hard drive and the old is toast as the reason you want to install the software all over again).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2010, 10:05 AM   #5

That's one of the reasons I switched to a Mac .. the best move I've made since I switched from Amstrad twin 5 1/4" !

Time Machine is just brilliant.
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote