Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 2, 2010, 7:27 AM   #11

A stunning series - #2 is breathtaking in texture and composition!!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:04 AM   #12

As mentioned before, you always mesmerize me with your IR shots. I find that last one up through the trees spectacular!

Take care,
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2010, 2:12 PM   #13

I like the last one as well. I don't know why, but I found it to be mysterious and was awed by it.

Thank you
queyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2010, 2:28 PM   #14

Thanks for the compliments - wasn't quite sure how these would be received, though there's only one other IR picture I've taken that has pleased me. In fact, it was thinking about that one and why it was better than the many others I had taken that finally clued me in to what might be the right scene, and then I went looking for such elements on Sunday (these were all taken early Sunday morning).

It constantly amazes me how I'll get frustrated, taking a million boring or useless pictures, only to have everything turn around all of a sudden, and then I'll take a bunch of very pleasing shots. I'm getting more and more to the conclusion that knowing each lens you have, and especially knowing how to get the most out of it, not asking it to do something it's not able to, is really important.

Looking at the uncropped pictures I took at 18mm convinced me that my kit lens is really sorry at the edges. Unfortunately, none of my really wide angle alternatives will work, they are either too big for my small R72 filter or else they don't work right with one (not all lenses work with IR, the kit lens is one that does work quite well, as shown here).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote