Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 12, 2010, 5:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thing24 View Post
I'm buying a white one from Adorama with the 50-200 kit. Has anybody ever bought from Adorama? I'm getting $150 off the kit because there is a promotion with pentax and adorama I'm hoping they will stick with the deal, they said they would.
Not to worry - that is a good deal and Adorama is one of the most reliable mail-order houses - they won't stiff you..
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2010, 8:05 PM   #12

Hey what is wrong with hello kitty? LOL. Pink is not always bad

But the chocolate is nice actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
Ah cool, they decided to bring those colors stateside!

the olive and brown would be nice for the wildlife shooters!

and the pink well, hello kitty fans???
Old Aug 12, 2010, 11:22 PM   #13

Quote:
I'm buying a white one from Adorama with the 50-200 kit. Has anybody ever bought from Adorama? I'm getting $150 off the kit because there is a promotion with pentax and adorama that if you send in an old digital camera, you get $50 off the lens and $100 off the camera. I found out about this through one of the forums on here. This promotion ends on the 15th, so I have to get the old camera sent out ASAP. They said they would still give me the deal even if it arrives a little late. This will be our first dslr camera. I was just wondering if anybody has dealt with Adorama over the phone or sent used equipment before. I'm hoping they will stick with the deal, they said they would.
I think everyone on this forum would agree that Adorama is among the good guys. I have repeatedly bought from them (my wife has come to recognize the Adorama logo on boxes that come to our house and demand an explanation.) Honestly, I have never had a problem with Adorama that was not quickly and pleasantly fixed. They are committed to building a solid reputation with customers and value that.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2010, 9:00 AM   #14

Quote:
I'm buying a white one from Adorama with the 50-200 kit. Has anybody ever bought from Adorama? ........This will be our first dslr camera. I was just wondering if anybody has dealt with Adorama over the phone or sent used equipment before. I'm hoping they will stick with the deal, they said they would.
Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if there are any hitches or problems with your order: helen.oster@adoramacamera.com

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

HelenOster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:29 AM   #15

I called my sales rep at Adorama to double check if the deal is real and he said if I wanted, I could call Pentax. He gave me the # and I called Pentax. They knew nothing of the promotion, I tried calling my sales rep right after my call to Pentax, but he didn't answer his phone. I just put an email in to Helen, so we will see what she says. I just don't want to spend shipping to ship an old camera and then not get the price that way agreed upon. My sales rep also told me the lens was a Da and not Da-L, and I have read everywhere that the one in the kit is a DA-L. Maybe it's different since I'm getting the white one. He said the lens is in a separate box. Don't know what to believe.
thing24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:26 PM   #16

Quote:
I called my sales rep at Adorama to double check if the deal is real and he said if I wanted, I could call Pentax. He gave me the # and I called Pentax. They knew nothing of the promotion, I tried calling my sales rep right after my call to Pentax, but he didn't answer his phone. I just put an email in to Helen, so we will see what she says. I just don't want to spend shipping to ship an old camera and then not get the price that way agreed upon. My sales rep also told me the lens was a Da and not Da-L, and I have read everywhere that the one in the kit is a DA-L. Maybe it's different since I'm getting the white one. He said the lens is in a separate box. Don't know what to believe.
The deal is real - Adorama sent an email announcement to their regular customers not long ago. It was billed as an Adorama exclusive arrangement with Pentax so it is not available through other outlets, and the person you spoke to at Pentax might not have been informed about it or may not want to antagonize other dealers by directing customers away from them. Also the DA lens would be preferable to the DA-L, but both are good lenses and you would only be ahead with it, but lose nothing with the DA-L if that is what you were expecting in the first place. If you keep delaying, you may lose out on the whole thing. If it doesn't come through as you have been led to believe, don't open anything and you can return it for a refund. There are mail-order shysters out there, but there are some you can trust to make it right.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2010, 1:49 PM   #17

I've dealt with Adorama a couple of times in the past - never had any trouble with anything I've ordered (large or small, expensive or cheap). If they say they've got something going they really do (yes, I got the same email, though I sighed deeply when I deleted it - just don't need another camera).

penolta - I'm not the only one who's mentioned the storm trooper connection with the white Kx. I read it somewhere else and thought it was very appropriate. I like the fact Pentax is trying to appeal to an audience beyond all of us middle aged folks. And I like the color options, though I wouldn't touch a couple of them with a 10 foot pole.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2010, 3:12 PM   #18

Quote:
The deal is for real, I got the adorama news letter, and went to the store to check it out.

And if you are getting the DA over the DA-L it is better made lens, the DA-L is a plastic mount, the DA is a metal mount.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 3:49 PM   #19

yes, I'm hoping it really is the DA and not the DA-L. I just wanted to get the final details of the deal today before I sent the camera off, but the sales rep I talked to didn't have specific information, that was why I was skeptical. I was also worried because the camera I send will not get to them before the 15th. I wanted to make sure that was ok. Maybe Helen will get back to me. I know they are closed now and are not open again until the 15th. I do have an order #, and the camera is still on hold for me as far as I know, so maybe I will still get the deal.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 11:06 AM   #20

Update:
I wanted to let everyone know that everything is cleared up with Adorama. They are going to honor the promotion. My sales rep said that he found out that it was a promotion from just Adorama. Adorama has great customer service, and I will probably be buying from them again even after the misunderstanding. Can't wait to get our camera!