Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 6, 2010, 6:52 PM   #11

I don't think I can add anything that hasn't already been said. I never had the K1o; I went from the K100 straight to the K20, and I was blown away by the improvement. As others have said, the jump from the K10 to the K20 probably isn't as dramatic, but the K20 is a great camera and if you need one now, I wouldn't hesitate. If you can find a K20 for less than $800, great, but they're a lot more scarce now than they were a year ago, just after the K7 was introduced.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:31 PM   #12

yeah i was actually going to be sellin my K20d most likely to buy a K7, considering I can pretty much sell my K20 for as much or more used as I bought it new, Ive poked around for a few deals online and found the K7 body as low as 750 on forum used. Its temptin me everyday to make the swap
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:45 PM   #13

I expect everyone thought I had passed away, but I am still here, although not very often.

Just my 2 on the K10 and K20D, I have both and the K20 is much better at higher ISO noise wise, but then so was my DS.

I personally find the CCD sensor in the K10 to be much more forgiving if I have to pull detail out of the shadows than the CMOS sensor in the K20, even though in good light the K20 has more detail.

I would wait until the new camera from Pentax comes out before I decided what to do, if I were you, although the K20 is a good camera, but they can be found for less than $800.

ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote