Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 9, 2010, 6:13 PM   #11

Originally Posted by mole View Post
Mike - Great assortment of finely-photographed balloons! We have a (much smaller) event like that here, but mostly just the traditional shapes and patterns. You did a great job capturing the diversity & color!

PS - hope that 1st school day went really well!
Thank you mole. I'm fairly happy with the shots I got considering the circumstances. Plus the viewing area in front of the balloons was facing directly into the sun as it was setting for the day so I had to try and stand in the shadow of one of the balloons while shooting these. Thankfully they are large balloons so finding something to block the sunlight was easy. From what I understand, my daughter had a good first day of school, I work nights so I don't get to see her when she comes home from school at the end of the day.

Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
It might not have worked out quite the way you expected, but balloons are always great fun. You can't go wrong with them.
Since it's an annual event I will have to try and get back again next year, hopefully with better luck on the weather front.
PPG Page
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote