Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:04 PM   #1
Default a few b&w's

Trying to get back into coming here, although chemo starts this week. We'll see how long I stay this time.

These are some I've taken this summer when using my film camera since it's lighter for me to carry. These first ones are from our grandson's 3rd birthday party in May and the windmill is from a trip we took to Newport, RI back in July.

The windmill one was with my digital lens on the film camera. I know it's strange, but I kind of liked the curved silhouette with the curve of the windmill blades.

Attached Images
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:14 PM   #2

Very nice, Patty.
Glad to see you back to posting.

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:30 PM   #3

very nice photos! thanks for sharing these. I really like B&W and you nailed these
NMRecording is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2010, 11:18 PM   #4

I'll keep you in my thoughts while you are going through chemo. The significant vignetting really does add to that picture - interesting how you can make something that would normally be a big disadvantage like that into a positive. I like all 3 pictures, your grandson is certainly precious.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 9:11 AM   #5

Nice shots Patty. You've got a cute grandson. Nice shot of Walter as well.

I also like the curved silhouette above the windmill. Glad to see you are posting again and hope to see more of your fine work here.

Good luck on Thursday and my thoughts will be with you.

Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 2:28 PM   #6

Lovely portraits Patty.

Good luck and I hope this week's chemo doesn't affect you too badly. Keep your strength, and your chin, up !
Pentax : 15 Ltd, 77 Ltd, 43/1.9 Ltd, Cosina 55/1.2, DA*300/4, Contax Zeiss Distagon 28/2.8, Raynox 150/250, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.

Nikon : D800, D600, Sigma 500/4.5, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 - 35/2.0, Nikkor 85/1.8G, Sigma 50/1.4. Nikon x1.4 TC, Sigma x2.0 TC
Frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 4:25 PM   #7

I like all of your photos, especially the vignetted windmill.

I'm very sorry to learn of your condition. After six wonderful cancer-free years, my wife has been diagnosed with another type of lymphoma, and she had her first chemo treatment last Thursday. It's no fun, but the treatments are effective, and it's worth the trouble. Please stop by here occasionally and let us know how you're doing -- people on this forum care more than you might realize.
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2010, 5:12 PM   #8

Thank you for the comments. My grandson is a bullet and trying to capture him sitting still is very difficult. And, my husband I usually can't get nice photos of. But, I really liked this one of him. He says - so-so.

Glad the windmill is liked by others, too. There was just something about it that intrigued me. I didn't realize when I was taking the photos they'd come out like this.

Also, thanks for the well wishes for the chemo. I'm scared, but know it's what I need to go. It will be for two months, then three weeks "vacation", then six weeks of radiation. So, only the beginning of the treatments. But, I'll get through it. And, hopefully be able to get on here more now that all the other stuff is over.

Mtnman, I'm sorry to hear of the recurrance of your wife's lymphoma. About 12 years ago that was one of the things I was told I might have. It ended up being sarcoidosis. Which, actually, they say my chemo may help. Strange.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 5:45 AM   #9

Beautiful work with some handsome subjects! Really fine range of tones, and great expressions too. (Nothing like a bit of cake to slow down a dynamic grandkid!!)

My family & I will continue to pray for you (and for your medical team).
mole is offline   Reply With Quote