Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:22 PM   #11

Very Nice B&W's. I also really liked the first gate picture. It has a dream like feel to it.
Osnap65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2010, 2:27 PM   #12

Thanks-the ones of the gate are interesting. Thanks for the share.

KoryLGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2010, 2:18 AM   #13

Hi Patty,

I tried answering a bit earlier, but when I tried to post, my new wireless IP was down, and all I got was an error screen, so I'll try again.

The first example is almost certainly dust. I think it's more of a problem with high res scans than prints, but the fibers pretty much make this a good call. When I was a commercial photo printer, we used an air filtered print room, humidifiers, and 90#/inē compressed air lines to each printer, and we still had dust problems. I've found microfiber cloths to do a good job with dust, so this might be something to try.

I think your second example might be air bubbles though. IIRC, the spots show up on prints as less distinct than dust on the neg spots, so it might be a good idea to review your developing procedures to eliminate this as a possibility. For some reason, contaminants in the developer solution comes to mind also, but this might be way out there, but if you mixed the chemicals with extremely hard water, this might be something to check. -- again remember, it's been a long time. . .

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2010, 2:21 AM   #14

Great b&w work, but choosing one of the gates above the other is hard. Somehow I like the first one better, but this can be simply because it is larger.

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote