Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 22, 2010, 2:08 AM   #11

Lovely shots they can be hard on the sugar water I know... I really enjoyed them all bu t fav is # 3 how that neck stretch reminds me of some cartoon humming bird from my childhood toonies.
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2010, 8:36 PM   #12

Originally Posted by snostorm View Post
Hi Marc,

There were quite a few also at the Nature Center when I went there last week. The weather's taken a much cooler turn here from constant 80's and 90's during the day to 70's, and I think they are staging at what they've found to be reliable feeding points in preparation for a final gorging before heading south. I hope the extra warm temps haven't thrown their seasonal sense off. . .

I need to get my car worked on -- I hate having to rely on repair shops to do the most mundane service to new cars -- I just don't have a clue how to do anything on a car anymore. . . otherwise I'd be hanging out at the Nature Center just about all day.

Some great shots! I really like the ones with the ruby flecks. I've seen this on occasion, but only one or two feathers on the sides of their throats. . .

Good luck with the car repairs Scott! I am hoping your local population means at least another 1-2 weeks down south in my region. Thank you for the comments - those few ruby flecks are normally indicative of a juvenile male.

Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
These birds are just amazing .. especially to people who have never seen them in real life .... and the fact that they have little fear of humans just them all the more entrancing, like little flying jewels.

I checked out your website after seeing the hummer in your last thread. Fantastic - and not just the hummingbirds - there are many wonderful sets on there. I wish you all the best with selling more shots and hope you keep posting on here because I'm sure we all love to see your work.
Hi Frogfish,

My honor and thanks so much for the comments. I'm planning things for the future in my photography, but to say anything yet is premature...

Yes, they are like little jewels with their iridescent feathers. I really prefer natural lighting - which is very subtle - as opposed to using a flash. Using a flash can highlight the feathers really well and make the subject very pretty, but a bit unnatural to my eyes since that's not what we see. Yes, I chose the tougher path!

Marc Langille Photography | Photography Workshops | PPG

“The camera is only a tool: the image is the product of your mind and vision.”
Marc Langille is offline   Reply With Quote