Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 13, 2010, 1:50 PM   #11

John these are wonderful shots and just make me want to go back.

We had a breakfast with the Koalas at a place outside Sydney called Ferndale Park. We were not allowed to hold them but could pat them and have pictures taken with them.

Keltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:21 PM   #12

GW - I know what you mean about peacocks being a problem. Years ago the Arcadia Arboretum had peacocks (it once was an estate belonging to Lucky Baldwin). While they belonged to the estate and later L.A. county, they didn't stay on the estate. The residents were divided into 2 groups - those that had unofficially adopted birds that hung out in their yards and those that hated them. When the population got totally out of control the county finally did something about it - those that wanted to accept ownership could officially adopt their birds and the rest were re-located somewhere else. I have no idea if there are any birds still around, this happened when I was in school. I do remember occasionally driving around the area and seeing the birds wandering around.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:27 PM   #13

Thanks Lou
you had breakfast with koalas? you ate gum leaves ?

i can imagine on you trip you got a good "taste" of a lot of things, but it is never enough time, been there done that lol

i dont know what this place does to keep peacocks under control, there are quite a number of them and i did see one fly (a short distance)
they do sell the feathers though
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote