Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 10, 2010, 3:44 PM   #1
Default Photoshop Magic

Went out on a rather dull day today and went to on of my favourite spots not to far away, took some nice images (at least i think so) but they did lack punch with the sun being hidden behind about 2 miles of solid cloud but never fear Photoshop is here!!

Amazing what you can do with some saturation tweaks (ok saturation bludgeons!!) and some dodge and burning

also thrown in on experimental image the result of long exposure in a dark room with a couple of lamps on while swinging the camera around at random

that branch in the foreground blur well was actually holding it by hand to add little something to the image rather liked the effect

this one needs a tiny crop i think but left it like this since will make mounting it that much easier - no mm accuracy needed when cutting the mount

nice stone on the river edge - some guy was there just as i was setting up my tripod with his camera in hand hauling out his springer spaniel which had decided to go for a swim =) he very VERY nearly went in himself camera and all but just managed to keep his footing

and my little experiment that turned out rather nice

the river shots were all taken with my Pentax DA 12-24mm - the experiment hmmmm i cant honestly remember what lens was on the camera as i was just bored and messing around not planned shot - but since there is absolutely no image sharpness to inspect it doesn't matter much =)
Pentax-DA 12-24mm f4 | Pentax-DA* 16-50mm f2.8 | Pentax-A 50mm f1.4 | Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax-DA* 60-250mm f4 | Sigma 150-500mm
Pentax Photo Gallery
John.Pattullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2010, 5:11 PM   #2

Very nice, I like them

...It is better to burn a roll of film than curse the darkness. Equip. K30, Q7, DAL 55-300, DA 35 f2.4, DA 50 f1.8 DA 18-135, SMC-M 28 f3.5, SMC M 50 f1.4, Canon P&S S100 w/CHDK Beta, Panasonic DMC-GM5, Flickr:
hnikesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 6:06 PM   #3

Stunning long exposure shots!

I have tried these sorts of images countless times before, and have always failed...
Pentax K-7
Tamron 90mm SP Di Macro
Tamron Adaptall 2 - 28mm, 28-80mm, 500mm Mirror
Pentax KAF - 18-55mm WR, 28-105mm PowerZoom
Pentax K - 50mm f/2, 50mm f/1.7, 28mm f/2.2
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 6:30 PM   #4

Nicely done. I really like the second one.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 8:43 PM   #5

They are all beautiful, JP.
Good job!

Life's a breeze on a Goldwing...
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 11:59 AM   #6

Very nice indeed. I really like #3, and your exposure experiment sure turned out great. Never had much luck that that idea myself.

jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote